When choosing to visit Venice during Carnival…you KNOW you are looking to see people dressed up in amazing costumes! I am going to share some of the best locations around Venice that are going to be swarming with beautiful costumes and perfect photo opportunities! So come with me as I take you to the best locations to find carnival cosplay in Venice Italy!
As you might expect, those who dress up who are locals know exactly where to be and how to draw a crowd.
The top locations are as follows:
- Bridge of Sighs
- Gondola Service Station in front of the Doge’s Palace
- Doge’s Palace (Keep an eye out for these guys they tuck themselves into corners for great photo opportunities.
- Saint Mark’s Basilica
- Piazza San Marco
- Ponte di Rialto
Now those were the obvious locations to find Carnival Cosplayers to be found but it also the ones off the beaten path where you’ll find some truly beautiful locations where these beautiful people in costumes find themselves posted up for the perfect photo.
- Campo San Polo
- Ponte San Polo
- Basilica Santa Maria Gloriosa dei Frari
- San Salvador
- Chiesa de San Giacomo di Rialto
- Ca’ Pasaro International Gallery of Modern Art
These are just a few of the many locations where you will find people adorned with all kinds of different styles of costumes! Not just locals either but travelers too who want to have the full Carnival experience!